BECOME A MENTOR!
Share your unique academic and professional experience, inspiration and knowledge to help shape the future of young talents.
Тhe Bulgarian Chevening Association is pleased to announce its second call for Mentors for the Shapers of Tomorrow Mentoring Programme, established in 2018. The Programme is supported by the British Embassy in Bulgaria and the Chevening Alumni Secretariat in the UK.
Please complete the Mentor Application here or
and submit by October 30th 2019. We will send a confirmation email for receiving it.
The goal of the Mentoring Programme is to support the professional and personal development of students in the UK or recent graduates and encourage a community of engaged and skilful youth to lead the social change and shape civil society of tomorrow. Mentors and mentees with similar study and or career interests and professional aspirations will be matched. We expect mentoring pairs to develop and submit a strategic work plan, communicate with each other consistently, and hopefully develop a long-term relationship.
This year the program is also opened to mentors and mentees from the Western Balkans region (primarily Chevening communities) and the SEE region.
- An experienced and enthusiastic professional (at least 5 years in their related field), well-connected to resources and network
- Passionate about mentoring, guiding and supporting future young leaders and professionals?
- Available to serve as a mentor for six months (October 2019 – March 2020)and provide mentoring guidance for up to two mentees (as needed). Mentorship would likely involve six working sessions/meetings including online (e.g. email, messenger, viber/whatsapp, skype, etc.) and face2face meetings.
If so, we’d like to hear from you!
- Be provided with a free online training and supporting comprehensive mentoring materials; The training aims to help mentors learn more about this program, its goals, specific mentoring toolkit and guides to be available plus sample working schedules, and etc.
- Receive full support and guidance throughout the programme
- Have flexible schedule: volunteer as much as your schedule allows
- Provide mid-term and final evaluation of the mentorship progress and status updates to the BCA
- Additional meetings of mentors and mentees proved to leverage networking within the participants, exchange of ideas and approaches and further ease the mentoring process itself. Save the date:Mid-Term Mentoring Networking Event to be held tentatively December 21st, 2019
- All successful mentoring teams are to be awarded with a certificate for participation. Save the date: Mentorship Awarding Ceremonyto be held tentatively March 20th, 2020).
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bulgarian Chevening Association
More information @: