“SHAPERS OF TOMORROW” – YOUTH MOVE MENTORING PROGRAMME
Тhe Bulgarian Chevening Association is pleased to announce call for Mentors for the “Shapers of Tomorrow” – Youth Move Mentoring Programme.
This is a new pioneering programme under “Shapers of Tomorrow” launched 2021 by the Bulgarian Chevening Association, with the support of the British Embassy in Bulgaria.
The “Shapers of Tomorrow” – Youth Move Mentorship Program is intended to inspire and provide mentor support to school students from disadvantaged or marginalised groups for university application, . The aim is further development of ‘Shapers of Tomorrow’ mentoring programme to extend mentoring and peer support to (potential) students from disadvantaged backgrounds to support them to enter and remain in further and higher education, and extending the networking opportunity to help them transition from study into employment, to boost their personal development and leadership community engagement.
Mentoring will be delivered to targeted mentees via two digital speed mentoring sessions1 (up to 45 minutes each) to establish a strategic mentorship approach, communicate with a group of mentees, and hopefully develop a follow up mentoring relationship.
- Willing to guide and aspire youth from underserved and underprivileged communities in their development and university choice/application.
- A recent university graduate or a student
- Passionate about mentoring, guiding and supporting youth in support of diversity and inclusion
- Available to serve as a mentor from October 2021 to March 2022.
If so, we’d like to hear from you by engaging as Mentor! Share your unique experience, inspiration and knowledge to help shape the future of youth from disadvantaged groups by registering at https://forms.gle/FFYv548ABFmx1LmB7
Mentors support available:
- supporting mentoring materials including toolkit and guides for general mentoring plus sample working questions/cases tailored for mentoring youth from disadvantaged groups.
- administrative support throughout the programme.
- Networking meetings proved to leverage networking within the participants, exchange of ideas and approaches and further ease the mentoring process itself.
We also organise evaluation of the mentorship progress as we value your feedback. Dedicated mentorship teams will be awarded with a certificate for excellence.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
“Shapers of Tomorrow” – Youth Move Mentorship Program Timeline
|15.09 – 15.10.2021||Call for mentors and mentees|
|28.10.2021||Training for all mentors|
|02.12.2021||Speed Mentoring Event|
|20.01.2022||Speed Mentoring Event|
|February 2022||Networking event|
|End of March 2022||Award ceremony and celebration for mentors and mentees|
Bulgarian Chevening Association
1 Speed mentoring – series of short, focused conversations about specific questions. The conversations involve a one-on-one interaction between a mentee and number of mentors on successive order. This allows mentees to experience more interactions and can then receive a lot of information from a variety of mentors with different experiences.