SHAPERS OF TOMORROW MENTORING PROGRAMME
Sharing unique academic and professional experience, inspiration and knowledge to shape the future of young talents.
Тhe Bulgarian Chevening Association and Chevening Alumni Kosovo are pleased to announce call for Mentors and Mentees for the Shapers of Tomorrow Mentoring Programme.
The programme was established in 2018 by the Bulgarian Chevening Association and since 2020 has also been by Chevening Alumni Kosovo.
The Programme is supported by the Chevening Alumni Programme Fund of the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office and the British Embassies in Sofia and Pristina and implemented in cooperation with the British-Bulgarian Business Association and British Council. In 2020 the programme achieved global reach with mentors and mentees from three continents.
This year the pool of mentors and mentees will be regional with Chevening Alumni Albania joining the programme.
You can be part of this inspiring network by registering at:
Professionals – for MENTOR, apply here: https://forms.gle/wXCnSKW1rNw7ra348
Students or recent graduates for MENTEE, apply here: https://forms.gle/A3CrtGTxcHAicPr96
The goal of the Mentoring Programme is to support the professional and personal development of students abroad or recent graduates and encourage a community of engaged and skilful youth to lead the social change and shape the civil society of tomorrow. Mentors and mentees with similar study and/or career interests and professional aspirations will be matched. We expect mentoring pairs to develop plan, communicate with each other consistently, and hopefully develop a long-term relationship.
For mentors, if you are?
- An experienced and enthusiastic professional, well-connected to resources and network.
- Passionate about mentoring, guiding and supporting future young leaders and professionals
- Available to serve as a mentor from November 2021 to March 2022.
For Mentees, if you are:
- Student in the UK or abroad or recent graduate
- Motivated to be the next Shaper of Tomorrow
Mentorship would likely involve six working sessions/meetings – over email, Messenger/Viber/WhatsApp/Skype, etc. and Face2Face, if possible.
If so, we’d like to hear from you!
- We provide free online training and supporting comprehensive mentoring materials; The training will help mentors and mentees learn more about this programme, its goals, specific mentoring toolkit and guides will be available plus sample working schedules, etc.
- You will receive full support and guidance throughout the programme.
- You can have flexible schedule.
- Networking meetings proved to leverage networking between the participants, exchange of ideas and approaches and to further facilitate the mentoring process.
We organise mid-term and final evaluation of the mentorship progress. All successful mentoring teams are to be awarded with a certificate for excellence or participation at a ceremony, supported by British Embassies.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
SoT Mentoring scheme 2021-22 Timeline
* Please note dates are subject to change and this timeline does not include emails sent seeking progress updates for live mentoring relationships
|29 October – 07 November 2021||Call for Mentors and Mentees|
|November 2021 – March 2022||Mentoring|
|16.12.2021, 5pm CET||Networking event|
|17.02.2022, 5pm CET||Networking event|
|March 2022||Final evaluation and nomination|
|30.03.2021 5pm CET||Award ceremony and Celebration for mentors and mentees|
Bulgaria and Kosovo SoT Teams